Thursday 5 March 2009

Polishing

I spent today fixing various bugs and generally improving the program, to get it to the point where I am happy to call the coding finished. The only remaining thing is to try some SIMD on the Shear Warp algorithm over the next couple of days. I have been getting render times in the region of 0.05 seconds on some volumes, however transparency still causes slowdown so if I can speed up the general calculation with SIMD it will be helpful.

On Monday I will begin the report, and will ideally get around 4000 words written over the week, although it is hard to plan it out exactly.

I have written a list of the sections I intend to include in the report, to talk about with my tutor tomorrow.

Abstract
Introduction
Overview of Volume Rendering Techniques
Overview of Parallel Processing
Implementation of Ray Casting
- Basic
- Parallel Processing
- SIMD
Implementation of Shear Warp
- Basic
- Parallel Processing
- SIMD
Implementation of Rendering Program
Conclusion
References
Appendices
- Render time test results

No comments: